CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
The Career Guidance Cell (CGC) is an initiative of the Alumnae Association of Stella Maris College, which was started in the year 2002. It provides comprehensive services in the area of training, options regarding higher studies, internships and full-time placements for both undergraduate and post-graduate students.
Vision and Mission
To provide a unique career counseling framework,supportive recruitment environment that's both student and industry friendly.To provide opportunity for multiple roles through training and webinars.
Code Of Conduct
Excellence, learnability, academic excellence and most importantly ethics.
Objectives of the Cell
- To expose students to the culture of global organisations
- To create awareness of organisations’ expectations from young talent
- To provide available information on jobs, positions, opportunities
- To conduct workshops, seminars and special events to assist students in career planning
- To develop employment opportunities and foster partnerships with corporates to facilitate on- and off-campus recruitments
- To enhance services through innovative technology, programme development and continuous updating of resources
The Career Guidance Cell is very unique ,one of a kind office ,created and run under the Alumnae Association of Stella Maris college from the year 2002.The CGC has worked with the aim in empowering women to kickstart a career of their choice as soon as they graduate from Stella Maris College.
”Knowledge is Power “has been the key phrase that was implemented in every programme conducted by the CGC . Besides providing a basic Training before the Campus Recruitment season to perform better in the selection process ,Awareness sessions have been regularly organized for the students to introduce them to new career options ,available in the ever growing Corporate scenario . This Platinum Jubilee Year, CGC can proudly say that Stella Maris students have the best talent pool required by all industries.
Campus Recruitment: 2022
In the last academic year 50% of our students who registered for campus recruitment were placed in various companies.Some of the companies that recruited our students are DE Shaw, McKinsey, KPMG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, ICICi,Barclays ,World Bank, Wipro ,Cognizant
Technology Solutions, Natwest,Zoho, Zifo RnD, Verizon , Google, TNQ, Scientific Publishing etc
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sutherland, Zoho, Zifo RnD, Verizon , Google, TNQ, Scientific Publishing, Velammal Schools and NTrust etc.
|The following training programmes are conducted every year before the recruitment process starts:
|The above two done through the CGC|
Companies conducts the
|Aptitude Test.Online/Paper and pen|
Group Discussions/Presentations/Case Studies.
|HR Interviews/Technical Interviews.|
Background check of students.
|Offers rolled out.|
Training Programme -The Placement Cell conducts a short training Programme before Recruitment starts every Year.The modules are:
- Aptitude Test
- Resume writing
- Interview Techniques
- Group Discussion
- Campus to Corporate Talk
- Career talk on Different job opportunities .
- Dr.Sr. Stella Mary
- Dr.J. Regi Manimegala
- Dr.Mary George
- Dr.M. Priyadharshini
- Ms.Janet Sabina
- R.P. Suvethasri
- S. Raja Lakshmi
- Dr.S. Sarah Surya
- Conducted Career Fair "Beyond Horizons"on campus from Year 2008-14 &2017-18
- Organised State Level Conference in collaboration with Commerce Department and FICCI
- Co ordinated Ernst Young Scholarship Event 2016,2017,2018
- Co ordinated EY Young Tax Professional competition 2018,2019,2020
- Knowledge session with George familiar VP World Bank 2019
- Worked with Mahindra Pride School to train Pathway students and Placed them in TCS ,Ford and IBM
- Overseas Education fair in collaboration with Education Matters 2018,2019