CAREER GUIDANCE CELL
The Career Guidance Cell (CGC) is an initiative of the Alumnae Association of Stella Maris College, which was started in the year 2003. It provides comprehensive services in the area of training, options regarding higher studies, internships and full-time placements for both undergraduate and post-graduate students.
Vision and Mission
To provide unique career counseling framework,supportive recruitment environment that's both student and industry friendly.To provide opportunity for multiple roles through training and webinars.
Code Of Conduct
Excellence, learnability, academic excellence and most importantly ethics.
Objectives of the Cell
- To expose students to the culture of global organisations
- To create awareness of organisations’ expectations from young talent
- To provide available information on jobs, positions, opportunities
- To conduct workshops, seminars and special events to assist students in career planning
- To develop employment opportunities and foster partnerships with corporates to facilitate on- and off-campus recruitments
- To enhance services through innovative technology, programme development and continuous updating of resources
Campus Recruitment: 2016-17
In the last academic year 60% of our students who registered for campus recruitment were placed in various companies.
Some of the companies that recruited our students are Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, KPMG, Deloitte, Ernt & Young, World Bank, Wipro
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Royal Bank of Scotland, Sutherland, Zoho, Zifo RnD, Verizon , Google, TNQ, Scientific Publishing, Velammal Schools and NTrust etc.
The following training programmes are conducted every year before the recruitment
|The above two done through the CGC|
Companies conducts the
|Aptitude Test.Online/Paper and pen|
Group Discussions/Presentations/Case Studies.
|HR Interviews/Technical Interviews.|
Background check of students.
|Offers rolled out.|
Training Programme before Recruitment starts every Year
- Aptitude Test
- Resume writing
- Interview Techniques
- Group Discussion
- Campus to Corporate Talk
- Career talk on Different job opportunities .
- Ms.Sarala Vasu
- Ms.Judy Nagarajan
- Ms.Vinni Victor
- Ms.Subashini Raja
- Ms.Vasanthi Mahindran
- Ms. Mathavi Thangaraj
- Conducted Career Fair "Beyond Horizons"on campus from Year 2008-14 &2017-18
- Organised State Level Conference in collaboration with Commerce Department and FICCI
- Co ordinated Ernst Young Scholarship Event 2016,2017,2018
- Co ordinated EY Young Tax Professional competition 2018,2019,2020
- Knowledge session with George familiar VP World Bank 2019
- Worked with Mahindra Pride School to train Pathway students and Placed them in TCS ,Ford and IBM
- Overseas Education fair in collaboration with Education Matters 2018,2019