Stella Maris has a vibrant Students’ Union, which is very proactive and dynamic when it comes to representing student interests. The Union organizes various activities for special occasions like Teachers’ Day, Workers’ Day, Intra- and Inter-Collegiate cultural fests and an Annual fundraiser, guided by the Deans of Student Affairs. Every Union fashions its own logo and motto, once the elections are over, and selects a special theme for the year’s activities.
The Union has six office bearers-- the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, General Secretary and two Cultural Secretaries. They are elected by the Undergraduate and Postgraduate students by secret ballot from among student- nominated candidates. The election is held at the end of each academic year for the following year. Class Representatives (Class Reps) are elected by their respective classes at the beginning of the academic year. Together with the Student Union members, these elected Class Reps form the Student Council.
The objectives of the Students’ Union are:
- To uphold and implement the ideals of the College in a befitting manner
- To foster cordial relations between the students and the teaching staff.
- To promote participation in extracurricular activities.
- To ensure the general welfare and well-being of the student body.
|The Office Bearers|
|Cultural Secretary (Shift I)|
|Cultural Secretary (Shift II)|
Activities Of Student Union
- International Yoga Day - 21 June 2019
- Yoga Day Celebration - 27 June 2019
- Clubs Orientation - 28 June 2019
- Logo Unveiling - 3 July 2019
- Dakshin Utsav -13 September 2019
- Namaste North– Desi Dance Night -28 September 2019
- Inter-Year Cultural Competition - 4 October 2019
- Students' Union organized an “Awareness Campaign against Violence”
- ‘Old is Gold’ Clearance Sale
- ‘YOURS SINCERELY’ Ideas worth Sharing
- PONGAL CELEBRATION 2021