- Regular attendance in the classroom as well as the laboratory and the fulfilment of required assignments is expected of all students. Attendance is taken at every lecture, practical or tutorial of any kind prescribed in the college timetable, including Value Education, General Elective Courses, Social Awareness Programmes, NCC, NSS, Games etc.
- In case of absence due to illness the student must submit a medical certificate at the earliest.
- Students must be present on the re-opening day of each semester. Those who fail to return on the specified day after a vacation will pay a fine.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT OF ATTENDANCE
- A student will be permitted to take the End Semester Examination provided she has a minimum of 75% attendance per course (90% in the case of M.Sc. Information Technology and M.A. Public Relations).
- Students who have attendance between 65% and 75% due to participation in NSS/NCC/Sports may be permitted to take the examinations on the recommendation of the respective co-ordinators.
- Students who have attendance between 65% and 75% per course due to long-term illness / hospitalisation of 3 weeks and above may be permitted to take the examinations with a medical certificate and on the recommendation of the Head of the concerned Departments, provided she is notified in time by the parent/guardian.
- If a student has less than 50% attendance in a semester, she has to repeat the semester on completion of the course during the academic year that immediately follows i.e. after the sixth semester for UGs and after the fourth semester for PGs.
- If a student has less than 50% attendance in more than one semester, she has to repeat the required number of semesters.